Melton Borough Council

Make a claim for housing benefit and/or Council Tax Support

To make a claim you will need to log in to your My Account. Please note that by clicking on the purple button below you will be automatically redirected to the log in page of My Account.

If you do not have a My Account, you will need to create an account. After you have created an account, please click on the button below to start your claim. 

Make a claim

If you are already in receipt of Universal Credit you can only apply for help with your Council Tax bill

When making your claim you will need the following information (if relevant) for you and your partner (if applicable) in front of you when making a claim.   

  • most recent wage slips or self employed accounts/books
  • benefit award letters
  • tax credits award letter
  • pension amounts
  • rent charge 

Benefits Privacy Notice