Information and support for Ukraine


Find out more information about the government's Council Tax Rebate of £150.

Change a Designated Premises Supervisor

A Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) can be changed at any time provided a valid application is made. This could be, for example, when a pub landlord moves on and a new one arrives.

Applications must be made by the overall licence holder.

Remember that a DPS must hold a Personal Licence.

Application forms are available from the government website (see external link below) 

To change a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS), please send us:

  • a completed form - Premises licence - vary designated premises supervisor (DPS) - application form
  • Premises licence - designated premises supervisor (DPS) - consent form signed by the new DPS
  • your payment of the current fee (£23) which can be paid using our online payment system (please reference your premises licence number when making payment); by telephone conversation with a Customer Service Advisor; or by cheque payable to Melton Borough Council

Send to the Police:

  • a copy of all of the documents above

Police Address: The Chief Officer of Police, The Licensing Section, Mansfield House, 74 Belgrave Gate, Leicester LE1 3GG, or email Leicestershire Police on 

Notifying the existing Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS):

The application to vary a premises licence to specify an individual as designated premises supervisor under the Licensing Act 2003 asks the licensee to inform the existing premises supervisor that the application has been made.

Resignation of a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS):

  • If you are a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) and wish to be removed from a premises licence, please notify us by sending a completed form Premises licence - designated premises supervisor (DPS) - resignation form

    Please note, there is no necessity to complete this form if you are completely satisfied the Licence Holder is applying to change the DPS immediately, as that application will absolve you of your DPS responsibilities

There are currently no files for download
Last updated 12 November 2021
A to Z of Council Services
Feedback button