Planning guidance for children's homes

Children’s care homes play a key role in providing social care provision for young people.

If you wish to set up a children's care home in Melton Borough you will need to register with Ofsted. You may also need to apply for planning permission as you will be changing the use of the building. Full guidance for applicants of children's homes can be found in the download panel below. 

If after the reading the guidance you are still unsure of the steps you need to take, you can get some pre-application advice from our planning team, before submitting your application.

We welcome discussions with applicants or agents before applications are submitted as they can help to achieve time savings, and a better standard of application, which improves the chance of a timely and successful outcome. 

Last updated 19 April 2024
Do you need to get in touch with us? Use our contact form.