Unhappy with your benefit decision

If you are unhappy about your housing benefit and Council Tax support decision you can ask us to:

  • Explain our decision to you
  • Look at the decision again (this is known as a reconsideration)

Please complete the form below to ask us to explain or look at our decision again.

What happens next

If you are still unhappy with the decision you can appeal in writing (our address can be found on the contact the council page or by emailing cscbenefits@melton.gov.uk. This must be received within one month of the date you received your last decision notice.

The decision you are unhappy with will be looked at again and we will write to you with the outcome.

If you have appealed and we can not change our decision we will send your appeal to the Tribunal Service. 

Last updated 7 December 2021
Do you need to get in touch with us? Use our contact form.